ILL Patron Responsibilities:
- Update your information: Email is our primary means of contact to let you know that articles and books you requested have arrived, so please keep your email address up to date and check your email regularly. On occasion we may mail materials to you so it is also important that we have your current mailing address in the system. If you need to update your information you can do that on the Change User Information page.
- Donít remove the book band: Returnable ILL items, such as books, videos, etc. come with a paper book band attached. This is our means of tracking your materials when they are returned. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THIS BAND!!
- Return your books on time: Interlibrary Loan relies heavily on reciprocal agreements and friendly relationships with other libraries. Please return your materials on time so we can continue those positive relationships with the libraries we borrow from. If you need an item beyond the due date, please request a renewal through ILLiad or by contacting the ILL department.
- Adobe Acrobat: To receive electronically delivered documents you must have up to date Adobe Acrobat software installed on your computer. This is a free download available from Adobeís web site [http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html].
- Please be aware the Foley Center Library pays up to $15 for each ILL received. Even if an item is lent to us free of charge, the costs for postage, copyright, and staff add up. Please help us keep this a free service by using good judgment when requesting books and articles. *Note: Occasionally a request will cost more than $15. In this case we will contact you and see if you are willing to pay the difference in order to receive the item.